Free, Professional Appraisals!
As a coin dealer since 1979, I've performed thousands of free coin and bullion appraisals for the good-folks in Massachusetts and our neighbors throughout the country. From all that experience, if there's one I thing I can pass onto others, it's this...
"When you need to accurately determine the value of your coins and bullion items, contact a qualified professional for a free appraisal."
Coin appraising is a skill that takes years to acquire and a lifetime to master. Trying to accurately assess the grade, strike, and other mint/markings of US and foreign coins can be a challenging task for even the most experienced numismatic professional. So, you're better off letting the experts handle this.
Also, since there are plenty of free services for appraising coin and precious metals out there, why not take advantage of them?!
Before you begin to look for an appraisal of your coins and precious metal items, there are some things that you should keep in mind ...
- Find an appraisal service that's free, and puts you under no obligation to sell your collection.
Many coin dealers will do this for you.
- Make sure the appraiser is reputable, with solid experience in appraising the type of coins and precious metals you have.
Are they members of the Better Business Bureau or the American Numismatic Association?
Can they provide bank or other professional references to you?
How long has their business been around?
If your collection includes international or ancient coins, do they have the expertise?
- Find a service were the appraised value represents an immediate cash offer to buy your entire collection.
If their appraisal is also an offer to buy, it's more likely the appraised value will represent a competitive market offer. They don't want the appraised offer to be too low or they'll risk losing your business to a competitor. On the other hand, the buyer needs to be able to make a profit when the items are eventually resold, so they don't want to overstate the value either.
- If needed, make sure the appraising service can provide estate appraisals for banks, attorney's, insurance, etc.
- If you have a large collection, you may need the appraisal to be done at your home or other location.
If so, make sure the appraiser is willing to travel to you, free of charge.
- If it's more convenient for you to mail in your coins and bullion items for the appraisal, make sure the appraising service can accommodate that, and can provide you with the needed shipping instructions to protect your coins and precious metal items.
I'm proud to say that Taber Numismatics meets all of the above criteria, and would be happy to provide a free, professional appraisal for you. We offer ...
If you would like to have us perform a free appraisasl for you, or if you have any questions about our appraisal services, please feel free to
I hope that we can be of service, and look forward to working with you. Have a great day!
With My Best Regards,
President of Taber Numismatics